Limited Product Warranty
This Limited Warranty applies to Somerton Dwelling case goods* and chair products that have been purchased from a factory-authorized dealer or through SomertonDwelling.com and are warranted to the consumer who made the original purchase only. Natural variations in color, texture, physical distressing and other inherent features of wood furniture manufacturing as well as material characteristics are not to be considered defects. Re-upholstering chair frames voids all warranties due to the possibility that the internal structure could be compromised during the re-covering process.
This warranty is the only warranty provided by Somerton Dwelling. The warranties and remedies set forth herein are exclusive, and are in lieu of all other warranties and remedies, whether statutory, expressed or implied. No employee, representative, agent, dealer or any other person has the authority to assume or incur on behalf of Somerton Dwelling any obligation or liability in place of, or in addition to this warranty.
- This warranty is voided if the product is modified or altered in any way after shipment from Somerton Dwelling.
- This warranty is voided if any aftermarket protective treatments are applied to the product after the original factory packing has been opened.
- Somerton Dwelling reserves the right to modify the product from its original form shown on showroom or dealer floors, in catalogs or on websites. Such modifications are not considered defects under this warranty.
- Freight or handling damages are not considered defects under this warranty
- This warranty applies under conditions of normal residential usage. It does not apply to defects or damage resulting from negligence, abuse, or misuse—including, but not limited to, inadequate or improper maintenance, exposure to water, salt air, chemicals, accidents, or any use for which the product was not designed, or for commercial use (including rental, business, commercial, institutional or any non-residential use), nor does it cover ordinary wear-and-tear.
- Because of the natural materials used in the manufacturing process minor variations will occur from piece to piece. These are not considered defects under this warranty.
- Sunlight will cause wood, finishing materials, and fabrics to change colors—these changes are not considered defects under this warranty.
- Extremes in temperature and humidity can cause both wood and finishing materials to shrink, swell, warp, split, and glue seams to crack or fail. These damages are not considered defects under this warranty.
- Rubber lamp bases, lamp cords and some types of plastic materials may soften and injure the finish if left in direct contact with the furniture for an extended period of time. Such damage is not considered a defect under this warranty. To avoid this, place a piece of felt or leather under these materials where they contact the furniture.
- Direct contact with petrochemical products (nail polish remover, alcohol, etc.) will damage the finish—such damage is not considered a defect under this warranty. Wipe up any spills or dampness on your furniture immediately. Use a clean cloth and wipe with the grain of the wood. First, wipe with a soft cloth dipped in a mild soap and water solution and wrung out; wipe again with a second clean cloth; then dry thoroughly with a third cloth.
- Somerton Dwelling products are not designed for outdoor use. There may be images in catalogs or on websites that showcase items in an outdoor setting. This is for creative purposes only, and not an indication that the product is suitable for outdoor use. Damage due to exposure to outdoor elements is not considered a defect under this warranty.
- Neither this nor any other warranty, express or implied, is offered by Somerton Dwelling for any electrical devices, including but not limited to lighting fixtures, surge protectors, or computer, electronic or multi-media management devices that may be included with your Somerton Dwelling product.
- Irregular surface appearance in any pile fabric is normal and should not be considered faulty or defective. Pile distortion may occur when the fabric is flattened or crushed, altering and amplifying the angle of light reflection and resulting in a more dramatic contrast between light and dark on the fabric surface. Due to the nature of how fabrics are woven and cut, expect some pile crushing as well as matting. Regular vacuuming is recommended for the care of all seating fabric.
- Somerton Dwelling strives to provide an accurate representation of finishes, fabrics and materials displayed in our catalogs and on our website; however, due to changes in lighting and a wide variety of resolution qualities on different computer monitors and printers, some color variation is possible. To determine the exact color on finish, fabric or material, we suggest that you contact Somerton Dwelling directly for a finish or fabric sample.
Case Goods Products – Specific Provisions
Case Goods — Limited One (1) Year Warranty
Subject to the General Limitations contained herein and your compliance with the Warranty Claims requirements below, Somerton Dwelling warrants all case goods* to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a term of one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original purchaser.
Somerton Dwelling offers a variety of finishes on its products. Each piece is finished by hand and involves a variety of steps. While we strive to replicate each finish to a standard, each piece will be truly unique due to the individual attention each item receives. This is a result of the varying application techniques that are hand crafted. Other variations in wood such as species, grain and color have their own impact on the final look of your piece.
Fabrics and Leather
Manufacturers of upholstery fabrics do not warrant their products for wearability or colorfastness. While Somerton Dwelling makes every effort to select only fabrics that are durable and colorfast, we regret that we will be unable to honor adjustments, claims, or credits for these properties.
- All claims requested that are still under warranty must be
- Presented to your factory-authorized Somerton Dwelling retailer, along with dated proof of purchase. The dealer will then contact Somerton Dwelling for repair, replacement or exchange. Such remedy will be fulfilled as quickly as is practical.
- In the case of purchases made directly from SomertonDwelling.com and delivered by Truck Freight or White Glove service, email your claim request to claims@SomertonDwelling.com or by mail to Claims Department, 1228 Sherborn Street, Corona, CA 92879
- In order to determine if a defect or damage exists and how to best resolve the claim, a clear photo of the issue is required along with the item number, invoice or confirmation number, reason for claim and photo of Somerton Dwelling’s QC label and production/SKU label. Additional information may also be required to resolve the claim.
- Take a close up photo showing the issue with something to indicate the scale such as a pen or coin.
- Also take a photo of the complete piece showing where the issue is located on the piece.
- View your photos and take multiple shots until the issue is shown accurately; no blurry photos will be accepted.
- Include a photo of the label located on the item so we can address the issue correctly and improve quality.
- Dealer or customer has 30 days to file a claim once issue is known. Somerton Dwelling has the right to deny any claim that is not timely made or does not comply with this policy. Once the claim has been received and final documentation is requested to resolve claim, dealer or consumer has 30 days to comply or claim will be closed and/or denied.
- Claims must be made through
- The factory-authorized retailer from which the purchase was originally made.
- If the original retailer is not accessible, you may contact Somerton Dwelling’s claims department directly at 1228 Sherborn Street, Corona, CA 92879.
- Through Somerton Dwelling’s claims department for all products purchased directly from SomertonDwelling.com.
- All claims must be approved by Somerton Dwelling’s claims department before credit can be issued or repairs made. Somerton Dwelling will first attempt to repair the product promptly, and in no event later than 30 days after receipt of Customer’s accepted claim. Customer is entitled to a refund only if the product cannot be repaired to reasonable satisfaction.
- Retailer and consumer are responsible for inspecting and notating any carton damage upon delivery receipt as well as obtaining photos of the damaged cartons.
- Retailers are responsible for inspecting the merchandise for any defects or damages before delivering to a consumer’s home.
- If the above information is not received the claim will be denied.
- Claims are limited to repair or refund of the cost of the product only. As noted, Somerton Dwelling does not refund the cost of shipping the product to the customer or returning the product to Somerton Dwelling.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SOMERTON DWELLING, AS WELL AS ITS AGENTS AND RESELLERS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE SALE OR USE OF THE PRODUCT. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES BOTH DURING AND AFTER THE TERM OF THE WARRANTY STATED HEREIN.
THE REMEDIES PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY ARE EXCLUSIVE AND TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES, WARRANTIES, OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTIBILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ALL OTHER OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITIES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED HEREIN.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or the limitation of damages, so the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you. In the event the warranty exclusions do not apply to you, then, where legally permissible, such implied warranties are limited in duration to the stated warranty period and no warranties apply after that period. In circumstances in which the warranty provided herein does not apply, the products involved are, where legally permissible, still subject to the above disclaimer of implied warranties and the above limitations of damages.
*Casegoods generally refers to furniture made of hard materials such as wood, metal, glass, stone or plastic. Examples of casegoods include, but are not limited to, tables, chests, dressers, desks, étagères, cabinets, bookshelves, benches and consoles.